Choosing software development technology for your product can be tough. People usually chose the tech stack based on their personal preferences, recommendations, online research and experience with a certain technology.
Of course, the above criteria are important. Though, as a custom software development company, we have a lot of experience guiding clients through the software development process and we decided to share our knowledge with you.
Now, let’s talk about the pillars of choosing a development technology.
What Information Do I Need to Choose The Technology?
You’ve probably thought about the project and narrowed a plan. Now, you are about to get in touch with top software development companies and ready to work with the best software development agencies out there. So to get ready for the great start and ask yourself the following questions. Even better if you write them down and have this documentation ready.
1. What technical problem are you solving? How unique is your solution?
Most of the projects can be implemented with a variety of software development technologies combinations. Some projects are more unique and require a handcrafted solution.
2. What are you company values?
The choice of software development process should be based on your company’s values as well. Are you a small or a large business? What kind of personal qualities you want your development team to have? Are you a startup or an enterprise?
3. What kind of software development trends will suit my project?
Keep up with the latest trends top software development companies are using and see which ones will benefit your project. Though, stay reasonable and only adopt the trends that will benefit your business, rather than simply make it trendy.
4. How important is scalability and performance?
Is your idea original? Are you testing a new solution? Or maybe you are building an app in the government sector? How important if the performance & scalability of your project?
5. What’s your marketing and monetization plan?
The best software development agencies will certainly make sure that you have a monetization plan. For example, if you are planning to make money on ads, you should develop a native app both for Android and iOS.
6. What are you pain points?
For example, you can struggle in the area of scalability or monetization. Or maybe you don’t know how to acquire first users. Learn what are the hardest areas and don’t compromise on them. Instead, invest all your resources into making them work.
7. What kind of software development quality are you looking for?
We recommend hiring top software developers from the very beginning of the project. Best development agencies don’t necessarily charge a lot. While it can be tempting to hire a cheap freelancer for the MVP and invest into more sophisticated development later, our experience shows that this decision always end up costing more.
Seriously, even though top custom software development companies in USA obviously charge more than an average freelancer, you are better off investing into a quality all-in-one solution from the very beginning and start monetizing your project on very early stages. Luckily, the best development companies can help you with that as well.
Once you have answers to the questions above, you are ready to start reviewing software development technologies and interviewing the development teams.
The Most Popular Programming Languages
For your general understanding, we decided to list the most popular development languages on the market.
- 1.C# Pronounced as “C sharp”, C# was developed by Microsoft out of C, a sturdy and rigid 1972 computer language. The advantages of C# are flexible automation and connection with .NET Framework, also powered by Microsoft. It’s optimized to work on Windows, Linux, and Mac, and it allows for cross-platform custom software development.
- Java Java was developed in 1995 by Sun Microsystems and it was intended to be a universal programming language. Java advantages are platform independence and scalability. Java is used to create everything from Android apps to enterprise software serving huge networks.
- Python. Python was created to make coding fun. The main advantage of Python is that it’s easy to read and connect to various extensions. From all the software development technologies, Python is probably the most user-friendly one and it offers endless mix-and-match extensions.
So these are probably the most encountered languages on the internet, and you most certainly can find top software developers specializing in those.
Now, let’s get to the latest software development trends to keep up.
We hope the information above will help you to choose the best technology for the custom software development of your next project. If you have any questions regarding this topic or pretty much anything else software related – feel free to contact us.